What this policy covers
Your privacy and maintaining the privacy of your information is very important to us. This policy is intended to help you understand the following:
- What information we collect about you
- How we use the information we collect
- How we share the information we collect
- How we store and secure the information we collect
- How to access and control your information
- How we make changes to this policy
- How to contact us with questions about privacy
- We do not sell your personal information to any third party in any form.
- We encourage you to only enter the required information into online forms and to be cautious sharing personal information via email.
- We don’t require your real name, so you can run our programs with any names you want.
- We don’t require Social Security number or any account numbers.
- None of our services are intended for children under 16 years of age. If you are under 16, do not access our services or provide any personal information to us whatsoever.
What information we collect about you
Information we collect about you falls into three broad categories: information you provide to us and information we collect automatically.
Information you provide to us
You provide information to us by using our program, filling out website forms, or contacting support staff. This information falls into the following categories:
- Contact Information: Entered through a contact form, support ticket, or emailed during interactions with support staff, this is your email address or other contact information and the contents of your message, email, or question.
- Order Information: Information associated with an order for our products or services, which includes full name, billing address, country, email, product purchased, purchase price, and sales tax. We do not store credit card information.
- Demographic and Financial Data: Demographic and financial information collected via forms in our services, emailed to support staff, or discussed during phone consultations with support staff.
Information we collect automatically
As you browse our websites we use automatic tracking technologies to record limited information. The information we gather is:
- Page Information: Which pages you enter and exit on and visit in between, how long you stay on pages, and also occasionally interactions with pages such as buttons or links clicked or videos watched.
- System Information: Operating system, web browser version, and information about your device such as phone or tablet.
- Visit Information: Approximate geographic location (using the first three segments of the IP address, not your specific IP address), whether you are a return visitor or not.
How we use the information we collect
We use Contact and Order Information and Demographic and Financial Data to process your orders, provide you with access to the services you have purchased, prevent fraud, and ensure data security. We also use this information to send Account-Based (non-marketing) emails such as new account information, receipts, invoices, and critical service alerts; you cannot opt out of receiving Account-Based emails.
If you contact us for support in your use of our services, we use Order, Contact, and System Information to fulfill your support request.
We use Page, System, and Visit Information to perform research and analysis to better understand our customers’ needs, to appropriately price and promote our services, to develop new services and features, and to troubleshoot errors in the delivery of our services.
How we share the information we collect
We do not sell your personal information to any third party in any form. We share your information in the following ways:
We share Order Information with Stripe for the purposes of processing your payments. In addition to the Order Information we retain, Stripe also receives your credit card information.
How we store and secure the information we collect
We follow best practices in the financial software industry to keep your data safe and secure.
- All communication between your browser and our servers uses industry-standard 128-bit encryption.
- Any data stored in our application database at Siteground is secured using industry-standard AES-256 encryption.
- All data is stored in data centers that are protected 24/7 with biometric checkpoints, video surveillance and other industry-standard techniques.
- All data resides in data centers within the United States.
- We regularly engage third parties to review and test our application and server security.
Currently, we retain all data indefinitely.
How to access and control your information
We strive to allow you to easily view, modify, and delete information we collect except where we need to retain that information for legitimate business purposes. In addition, we provide straightforward ways to opt out of any automated data capture or marketing programs.
- Contact Information: Contacts made via our contact forms or email and any responses will be available in your own email account if you choose to retain the information. Support tickets and any responses can be viewed in the system in which they were entered and can be deleted upon request.
- Order Information: You can request duplicate order information to be sent to you. We retain order information indefinitely.
- Demographic and Financial Data: You can request that we delete all information. Such a request must be made by email.
How we make changes to this policy
March 1, 2021: Updated
January 15, 2019: Initial version
How to contact us with questions about privacy